Mpls Crit: the craziest bike race I've ever seen...
...the photos pretty much sum it up:
Sascha's photos
Ben's photos
Kele's photos
The hail hit before the women's race...I've never seen hail that large. Pete, Patty Cakes and I were sitting in the car and the hail was hitting so hard that we couldn't even hear each other when we tried to talk. (Side note for my co-workers...the storm sewer was not keeping up in downtown Mpls...the car was sitting in about a foot of water before we decided it was best to move it.) The rain finally stopped, and the women were able to race, but a few minutes into the men's race it started to pour. I couldn't believe how fast those guys were taking corners considering the conditions. Unbelievable. After about 20 minutes, they finally decided to stop the race when a bolt of lightning got a little too close for comfort. Pete and his teammates all managed to stay upright and not get hit by lightning. Crazy stuff.
Today's race was an 86-mile road race in Mankato. Pete did awesome...I think he's sitting 37th overall going into the last stage in Stillwater tomorrow. He's a little disappointed in 37th, but I'm pretty damn impressed.
SS
Sascha's photos
Ben's photos
Kele's photos
The hail hit before the women's race...I've never seen hail that large. Pete, Patty Cakes and I were sitting in the car and the hail was hitting so hard that we couldn't even hear each other when we tried to talk. (Side note for my co-workers...the storm sewer was not keeping up in downtown Mpls...the car was sitting in about a foot of water before we decided it was best to move it.) The rain finally stopped, and the women were able to race, but a few minutes into the men's race it started to pour. I couldn't believe how fast those guys were taking corners considering the conditions. Unbelievable. After about 20 minutes, they finally decided to stop the race when a bolt of lightning got a little too close for comfort. Pete and his teammates all managed to stay upright and not get hit by lightning. Crazy stuff.
Today's race was an 86-mile road race in Mankato. Pete did awesome...I think he's sitting 37th overall going into the last stage in Stillwater tomorrow. He's a little disappointed in 37th, but I'm pretty damn impressed.
SS

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home